David’s work is rich in detail and colour and, until recently, mostly flora and fauna. His work now branches into landscape and portraiture.
View a selection of David’s artwork and buy online or from his studio.
David is more than happy to take on commission work.
David was born in Melbourne in 1968, and now lives in Yinnar South in Gippsland.
He is self-taught in pencil art and has been capturing the details of Australian wildlife in pencil since he first learned to draw. A workshop in 2011 unleashed a dormant pastel monster.
With nature as his inspiration and an eye for unconventional beauty, his work is rich in detail and colour and features flora and a myriad of creeping, crawling, hopping and fluttering creatures, but his passion has always been frogs. His work now branches into landscape and portraiture.
David has held solo exhibitions at Meeniyan, Yarram and the Latrobe Regional Art Gallery in Morwell. He has also had several joint exhibitions at the AGRA Gallery in Camberwell, Victoria.
He is currently a member of the Australian Guild of Realist Artists (AGRA), and The Victorian Pastel Society.
Awards & Achievements include;
- 2014 Mornington Art Show, Best mixed media.
- 2014 AGRA Spring Exhibtion 1st Runner Up.
- 2014 Australian Art Excellence Awards at AGRA, Best in Show.
- 2014 AGRA Australian Art Online Spring Awards, Best overall painting.
- 2014 AGRA AAL Spring, Commended.
- 2015 AGRA Summer Exhibition, Commended.
- 2015 Mirboo Nth Art Show, Best Drawing 1st prize.
- 2015 Knox Art Show, Highly Commended.
- 2015 Works published in the International Contemporary Artists book vol 10, from New York.
- 2016 Kenneth Jack Memorial Drawing Prize, Best in Illustrative catergory for “My Rock”.
- 2017 Mirboo North Art Show, Best drawing 1st prize for “90 Miles”.
- 2017 Yarram Archies portrait competition, Hangers prize for “Sammy”.